Just like a seamstress needs thread and a painter needs a paintbrush, bloggers need certain tools to help them pursue their passion.
So, here is a list of the apps and services I use to make this blog both beautiful and functional.
All the resources listed here are ones that I personally use and am happy to recommend.
Hosting And Domain Name:
Namecheap: Pixie Dust Dolls is proudly hosted by Namecheap! Besides being a top-notch domain registrar, Namecheap offers incredible budget-friendly hosting packages. Their cheapest hosting package starts at $22.88 for the first year, then increases to $44.88 for subsequent years.
Along with being affordable, Namecheap also offers:
- Free Hosting Migration.
- Unmetered Bandwidth.
- Free website builder.
- 50 Positive SSL certificates for the first year.
WordPress: In my opinion, when it comes to choosing a blogging platform, it’s WordPress all the way—and I mean WordPress.org, not WordPress.com.
Here’s an ultra-quick break down of the benefits of WordPress:
- Open source–WordPress is free from commercial limitations. It’s your site to use however you please–so have fun with it!
- 100% free to download, use, and modify.
- Easy to learn and takes the work out of blogging.
- SEO friendly.
- Known for being a secure platform.
- Highly customizable with hundreds of themes to choose from.
As you can see, the sky is the limit when it comes to WordPress.
All you need is a domain name and hosting to get started. I recommend picking a company that offers 1-click WordPress installation to make setting up your site even easier.
I will be adding to this list as this blog grows and I come across more tools, so be sure to check back because you never know when something that will help you might pop up!